Spanish

Recently, our Spanish class has learned how to write emails that can reach six paragraphs. I think that the concept of learning a language other than your original language is pretty cool. In our class, we also learn about Spanish culture as well. Once, we had the option to learn the merengue, or act as a famous person with Hispanic heritage in our auditorium for Hispanic heritage month. 

I chose Spanish out of French, Spanish, and Chinese because its the main language in 21 countries, and is spoken around the world. It’s also good to have a different language in your head if you come into a situation where you need it.

As stated before, my Spanish class has recently learned how to write emails. This could be beneficial to everyday life, especially when I grow up. When I grow up I might have to write an email to, lets say, my colleague, and they could only read Spanish and could have simple conversations in English. Like I said, conversations like this could come in handy. 

I love learning Spanish, and if I could, wouldn’t change to Chinese or French, because I find it very interesting and enjoyable to learn. It’s also fun, because my mom can speak a little bit of Spanish as well, and I can practice when I need to. If you could speak another language, what would it be?

1 Comment on Spanish

1. Sonia Salas
    March 6, 2023 at 2:07 pm (1 year ago)

I am thrilled to hear about your progress in our Spanish class! Your dedication and hard work have paid off, and I am proud of you. It’s great to see that you are finding the language and culture interesting and enjoyable to learn.

Also, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the email writing exercises in our class. Writing emails is an essential skill in today’s world, and being able to write in Spanish could give you a competitive edge. It’s great that you are already thinking about how this skill could be useful in your future career.
    It’s also wonderful that you have the opportunity to practice your Spanish with your mom, that’s amazing!

Finally, If I could speak another language, I would choose to learn French. It’s a beautiful language and has a rich culture and history.
    Thank you for being an amazing student and a fantastic human being, Emily!

Reply